Laura P. Pomeroy, RDN, CDE
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Home Economics, Department of Foods and Nutrition, Arizona State Univerisity, Tempe, AZ
- Dietetic Internship: Massachusettes General Hospital, Boston, MA
Laura P. Pomeroy is a registered dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and certified diabetes educator with the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators. She joined Abrazo Medical Group in September of 2016.
Laura enjoys helping individuals reach their weight loss goals by educating them on the principles of good nutrition and lifestyle changes focused on treating and preventing chronic disease at any stage of life. She is passionate about prevention of diabetes through diet, exercise and weight loss. She has over 25 years of experience educating community college and nursing students in the fields of nutrition sciences and cooking, shopping, meal planning and budgeting.
- Assessment of patients’nutritional needs prior to weight loss
- Behavior modification principles
- Monthly support meetings pre/post bariatric surgery
- Teaches shopping, cooking and food prep techniques
- Medical supervised weight loss